1. WHO WE ARE
Birds Of My Feather, Inc. (“Birds of My Feather”, “We”, or “Us”) collects, uses, and is responsible for certain personal information about you, as part of the Mama Birds mobile software application and the related Birds of My Feather website located at www.mamabirds.app (together, the “Service”).
For those in the European Union, we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as Controller of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
2. THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
- Information collected by us: In the course of providing you with the Service, we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us or use the Service:
Your profile information, including, for example, your name, birthdate, location, or any other personal information you include as part of your profile on the Service, is collected when you create your account and profile on the Service (your “Profile Information”).
- Your name, email address, and phone number are collected when you fill out a contact form on the Service, add this contact information to your profile on the Service, or contact us for customer or technical support (your “Contact Information”).
- Any information you share on the Service’s public profiles, chats, comments, and discussion functionality (collectively, your “Posts”).
- Data concerning your use of the Service, including amount of time spent in the Service, specific activities in the Service, and other usage data is collected automatically when you use the Service (your “Usage Information”).
Information shared with us: In the course of providing you with the Service, others may share the following data with us:
- If you make an in-app purchase on the Service, Apple or Google (depending on your platform) will share information about your purchase, including your full name, billing address, and purchase history, so that we can properly credit you and provide you with any purchases on the Service (your “Purchase Information”).
- If you connect your Service account with Facebook or other social media platforms, those platforms may share your name, email address, and profile photograph with us (your “Social Information”).
How we use your personal information: We use your personal information as follows:
- Your Contact Information is used to send you newsletters and promotional materials, to communicate with you about Service-related issues, and to provide customer and technical support (including receiving and responding to communications that you send us through the Service).
- Your Profile Information is used to set up your account and profile on the Service, for matchmaking purposes to connect you with others on the Service and facilitate communication, friendships, and activities through the Service, to communicate with you about Service-related issues and provide customer and technical support (including receiving and responding to communications that you send us through the Service), to send administrative and promotional messages, and to administer contests and sweepstakes through the Service. You have options within the Service to decide whether Posts are made publicly available or not – you can choose to share publicly, only with your friends on the Service (your “Flock”), or keep it private.
- Your Posts are used and displayed on the Service when you make posts using the Service’s public and private communications functionality. You have options within the Service to decide whether Posts are made publicly available or not – you can choose to share publicly, only with your Flock, or keep it private.
- Your Usage Information is used to ensure the proper operation of the Service on your device and to analyze and improve the Service. To achieve this, we may make your Usage Information nonpersonally identifiable in aggregated or anonymized form, by either combining or aggregating it with information about other users, or by removing characteristics (such as your IP address) that make the information personally identifiable.
- Your Purchase Information is used to process purchases made on the Service, keep records of those purchases, and to ensure that those purchases are properly credited to you.
Who we share your personal information with: We share your personal information with certain third parties in operating the Service. This data sharing enables us to provide you with all of the Service’s functionality.
Some of those third party recipients may be based outside the European Economic Area — for further information, including how we safeguard your personal data when this occurs, see their individual privacy policies linked to above and the section entitled “Transfer of your Information out of the EEA,” below.
We share your personal information with the following third parties:
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email newsletter or communication, you can also click on the unsubscribe button or link at the bottom of each email.
- Other Sharing: In addition to the above, we will share your personal information if we have a good faith belief that (i) access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, such as a court order or subpoena, or a request by law enforcement or governmental authorities, (ii) such action is necessary to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues associated with the Service, or (iii) such action is appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Birds of My Feather, its employees, clients, or users of the Service.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
How long your personal information will be kept: We will keep your personal information for 12 months after you stop using the Service or until you request its deletion, unless a longer retention period is required by law. Afterwards, we delete all such data in our possession within a reasonable timeframe.
We do not verify the correctness of personal data that we collect or that you provide.
Please note that some data may be retained, if necessary, to resolve disputes, enforce Birds of My Feather service agreements, and comply with technical and legal requirements and constraints related to the security, integrity, and operation of the Service.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information: The laws in certain jurisdictions require that we notify you of the lawful basis for collecting your personal information.
To the extent that such laws apply, we rely on the following as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal information:
- Consent: We rely on your implied or explicit consent for the collection, processing, storage, transfer, and disclosure of your Profile Information, Contact Information, Social Information, and Posts.
- To fulfill our contractual obligations: In order to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, either in providing the Service functionality or fulfilling purchases on the Service, we must collect, process, share, and store your Purchase Information, Profile Information, Contact Information, and Social Information.
- Furtherance of legitimate interests: We may collect, process, store, transfer, or disclose your in furtherance of those legitimate interests of ours which are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms as set forth in the applicable laws. These legitimate interests include, but are not limited to, (i) providing you with the Service, (ii) protecting our users, staff, and property from fraud and other harm, and (iii) collecting information on how you use the Service in order to optimize the functionality of the Service.
- Legal compliance: We may collect, process, store, transfer, or disclose your to comply with our legal obligations.
Children’s Privacy: You must be at least 13 years of age to use the Service. Because of this, we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. In addition, we may limit how we collect, use, and store some of the personal information of EU users between 13 and 16.
“Do Not Track” Signals: Because there’s not yet a consensus on how companies should respond to web browser-based or other “do not track” mechanisms yet, we do not respond to web browser-based do not track signals.
3. TRANSFER OF YOUR INFORMATION OUT OF THE EEA
Birds of My Feather is based in the United States. No matter where you are located, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of your information in and to the United States.
The laws of the United States governing data collection and use may not be as comprehensive or protective as the laws of the country where you live.
If you would like further information, please contact us (see “How to contact us” below).
4. EU RESIDENTS – YOUR RIGHTS
Under the GDPR, EU residents have several important rights free of charge. In summary, those include the rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- Access to your personal information
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information, or otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- Email us at email@example.com
- Give us enough information to identify you
- Show us proof of your identity (a copy of your driving license or passport, for example)
- Let us know the information to which your request relates and your specific request
5. KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We have taken steps to put appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it through access controls. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Some of the security features that we have implemented include:
- 256-bit end-to-end encryption from the Service to our servers
- Network and web application firewalls
- Our servers are located in secured Amazon Web Services facilities
Additionally, we never ask you for your passwords and we advise you never to enter your account name or password into an email or after following a link from an email.
Lastly, we also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
6. HOW TO RESOLVE DISPUTES
We hope that we can resolve any questions or concern you raise about our use of your personal information. Please contact us via the methods listed below in the section entitled “How to contact us” to let us know about any of your questions or concerns, and we will get back to you to resolve the issue.
If you are an EU resident, the GDPR also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live, or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
8. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.